Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Food Hangover



Date: May 28, 2013 Time: 3:56 am
Current state: Post-vacation withdrawal
Location: The Office
Weather: Indecisive




Today's menu :
Morning
*sigh* Chex Mix
Starbucks drip coffee
Afternoon
Chipotle Salad (lettuce, black beans, chicken, fajita veggies, salsa and guacamole)
Evening
Cele's Meal
Wine


Decadent is not a strong enough word to describe my three day Memorial weekend. There was very little remembrance, mostly due to the over-consumption of alcohol and rich, delicious treats. Portland, you are both my friend and foe.

I had an incredible weekend spent with friends down in Portland. Together we hit several eating and drinking establishments, relaxed, laughed, enjoyed Powell's, and all the hipster haven could offer. The ride home included a drive to Cannon Beach, getting lost on a random peninsula, getting stuck in the sand, and going potty on the beach. Surprisingly alcohol was not involved, just a series of unwise decisions.

We were at the green dot...we were supposed to be at the red dot. I have no regrets.

 

I had meant to write on Friday before the long weekend; unfortunately getting ready for the long weekend didn't allow enough time to write. There are a couple of things that I would like to share:
 
1) I have been going to WW meetings regularly and it has been very beneficial this time around. The leader is extremely encouraging and is very relatable. I've also managed to connect with the other regular attendees and I've found it to be an excellent source of support. Since I've started going to meetings on May 10th I've lost 12 pounds. While this is a pebble in the ocean of weight I need to lose to be healthy again, I'm going to take this victory. (I'm also going to pray I didn't manage to put it all back on this weekend)
 
2) After a lot of thought and research I have decided to get gastric bypass surgery. This decision comes with a lot of emotions, two of which are the most prevalent are hope and fear. Hope that this will be a life-changing experience for the better, and fear of judgment. At this point I'm going through the stages of researching insurance coverage and consulting with a doctor to start this process. I'm looking forward to talk more about this in future posts.
 
For now I'll sign off with a question: How was your weekend?
 
Summer out.

No comments: